Saturday, August 11, 2012

I was asked, "What's the most fun about being bi-gender?"

My original answer to this question was going to be life. I mean, I'm still the exact same person I was before. Nothing has really changed aside from the fact that I now spend long periods of time as a woman instead of as a man. I identify as bi-gender because I chose from day to day if I am going to present as male or female. I have that choice. But if I had to choose only be one or the other, I would choose to be a woman. My inward identification is female. Identifying outwardly as bi-gender just makes life a lot simpler. But other than that, I still do the same things I always did before for fun. I enjoy roller skating, hiking, reading, movies, film making, art, writing, shopping... and that is where I had to stop and re-think my answer.

Shopping. I have always loved shopping. It's one of my favorite past times. But the difference now is that when I go shopping for women's close and shoes I'm not just shopping for my wife or helping my friends find the perfect style, I'm shopping for myself too. I love going through racks of clothing in clearance isles. I get this little shriek of delight when I see a really cute top I think will look good on me and it has a clearance tag of $5.00 or less. And then I actually get to try it on! Right then and there! I can go to the fitting room with my selections and see how they look on me just like every other woman in the store. And shoes!?!?! I have to admit to becoming a boot whore. I absolutely love cute sexy boots. But the most awesome thing about shoes is that I wear a women's size 8. The most common size in women's shoes. As a man my feet were always tiny and I used to get made fun of for it. But as a woman it's the perfect size.

An added bonus to shopping is that, aside from shoes, my wife and I wear the same size clothes. So no matter what we buy, I know that we can both wear it.

So, yeah. I guess there has been more changes in my life than just what I wear. Because I am getting more enjoyment out of shopping than I have ever had before.


2 comments:

  1. Shopping with your wife sounds so much fun. I need to gain a few inches here and there and then I can swap clothes with Ben. Just joking, he and I have different styles. Still, sounds like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am. I think my life in general is happier than I have ever known.

    ReplyDelete